Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Excuse me, Can I ask you a question?

Is there any benefit to always making the responsible choice? If I spend the rest of my life always doing what "should" be done, will I be satisfied with myself? Will I regret that I never hitch-hiked around the country? Will I wish that I had splurged on a cruise or a trip to Kalymnos? What is the benefit of living by your whimsy? So you become a better person because you were homeless in Moab? Do you get more out of life because you went skinny dipping during winter? I have so many questions about how we (I) live our lives. I wonder about all the different choices we have and their various consequences. I wonder about this so much that I even question the justifications of buying a climbing rope or a tent. Why buy those things, when there is school to pay for and food to purchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment