Friday, November 27, 2009

Equine Wisdom

Excuse me, my good sir, but would you like to go riding today?

--Why certainly. I have let far too much time pass since I have enjoyed equestrian pursuits.

Very good. Shall I come around 8 then?

--Yes, yes. Jolly good.

(some hours later....)

--I'll be dashed if this isn't the most pleasant thing I've done all summer. Wait, I think I'll say all year. Yes, this is the most pleasant thing I've done all year. I must thank you for inviting me.

Oh, it nothing. My pleasure. I do find the brisk...Look Out!!

--Oh, I say!!

Oy, chap. Are you all right?

--Yes, yes. It wasn't a long fall. All this mud makes it look much worse.

Very good. Will you be able to ride back to the manor?

--Certainly. And if you retrieve my horse, we can enjoy a bit more of the evening before we return.

You mean you wish to continue?

--Of course. A simple fall won't keep me from riding. I'll just pay more attention in the future.

Hear, hear! Good spirit, lad! I'll fetch your mount.

--And I'll try to remove a bit of this mud.

2 comments:

  1. though i think this contrasts your last post, i much more like it. in fact, yes chap, i'll say i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. A lot. probably more than Kara.

    ReplyDelete