Saturday, May 8, 2010

Panther Martin


Sometimes, I feel like Life is a mid forties woman who has just become totally bored with her own life. To make up for her boredom, she comes up with creative ways to toy with those of us who can't alter the universe. I think she takes especial pleasure in toying with me. Not torturing. Toying. One of her favorite tricks is to present to me something new. Usually, this something is particularly wonderful, or has the potential to be so. Life dangles this new wonderful in front of me just long enough for me to get a taste of how fantastic it really is. Then (and here's the fun part) she drops down a sign next to this new bait informing me that I can't actually have this as part of my life. I don't know why she does this, but it happens on a fairly regular basis. And by regular basis, I mean I thought of it this morning and decided to write about it. It may or may not be regular. It has happened this month though, if that means anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment