Saturday, December 25, 2010

20 Christmas Thoughts

It is Christmas. I am going to present to you a list of things. It may be related or it may not be. Either way, here it is:

1) My mother will always react to me as though I were 14. Regardless of my age or my action, everything I do is childish.
2) Coffee shops are the best places in the world. They serve as combination study house, social house, food house...they are wonderful and relaxing.
3) I do not feel that presents have any place in Christmas. I don't hate them, but I feel no real need to give or receive them.
4) I should not leave my home for extended periods.
5) It is not that difficult to drive on slick roads, as long as you are comfortable driving slightly sideways.
6) Married people are better at life.
7) Children are better at life. It is good to be quick to smile, quick to laugh, quick to forget.
8) Where I am usually easygoing, forgiving, and kind, my mother brings out my more childish and selfish nature. Perhaps due to item 1.
9) Eating is overrated.
10) I will continue to eat until I incapable of continuing.
11) I will always ignore 9 to do 10, and I will regret it every time. And I will learn nothing.
12) Blizzard has never done anything original. But that doesn't mean I don't love everything they have ever done. And I would never admit to spending hours reading their stories.
13) There is a wall in my life damning my progress. Surmounting this wall requires nothing more than will power, though it is required in copious amounts.
14) I do not do well when separated from the Boyce family.
15) Mass texts are neither festive nor appreciated. Gwen, you are classy enough to realize that. Thank you.
16) My sister has the most developed sense of humor of any person I have interacted with.
17) I have found a way to appreciate Christmas decorations through the fact that they bring others more joy than they bring me annoyance. Economically, they are a net gain.
18) Your inner quality has more influence on your appearance than your appearance has.
19) I love Patrick Stewart.
20) The kindness and generosity of Christmas should not be confined to December. Cheesy, derivative, cliché, true.

3 comments:

  1. The Boyce family does not do well when separated from Dan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list made me happy. I have t agree with the 4 and 8; i struggle with them everytime i go home. thought this year was nigh unto the best i've had in a while. when will you come back? or have you? my turtle misses you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me wish we would have destroyed more of Christmas together.

    ReplyDelete