Sunday, July 19, 2009

April 26, 1992


Contents:
1) Jackson Hole
2) Dating



Allow me to protest. I have just returned from Jackson Hole Wyoming. I do not want to be back in Provo. I had too much fun being outside all day and hiking and biking and climbing. It was a perfect life. I found that I am a person who loves to be outside doing those things. There is something about being in nature that just...I don't really know how to explain it. It puts me in a place of happiness.

And now for my rant about dating. I disapprove of it. Although, you may more accurately state that I disapprove of the way women participate. Now, I will admit up front that I am writing this due to recent and minor frustrations. But that fact does not change my views on the matter. First of all, I don't like that women are basically in charge of the whole show. As a man, my job is to make myself present and indicate my interest in a female. It is then entirely up to her whether or not we get to progress any further. That is not, of itself, so bad. What is bad is that women make their decision, and then express it through cryptic hints. I have no idea what they mean.

Next point. Here is how I see dating. Two people who like each other, spending more time together. The most important part of this definition is two people, who like each other spending time together. My problem seems to be simply bad timing. I can never seem to be attracted to girls who are simultaneously attracted to me. And it appears that my best efforts at flirtation are simply insufficient to sway the female opinion.

Resolution: Oh well. Its a broken system, but its the only system I have to work with. So, I am going to keep giving it an effort. Maybe not my best, but at least its something. This being said, I am going to attempt to go on a date before the end of the month. Anyone who reads this is free to check up on me, if they like.

2 comments:

  1. it may shock you to know that we girls feel the same way about you fellas as you fellas feel about us. You think we're cryptic, well, right back at you buddy. And I don't want to hear that you're as open as can be. The point is that women and men think differently. My roommate Erma tried to dissuade this guy who is all up in her grill by saying "Ryan, I have two dates next week" thinking he would get the picture that she's not into him and still looking elsewhere. He, instead, took that to mean that she felt that they were in enough of a relationship that she felt the need to tell him when she dated other guys and replied "well, I'm not jealous". Now, yes, Erma should have just said "I'm not interested" but the thing is, we do worry about tact and hurting a guy's feelings. If some guy said that to us we'd probably be really hurt. So we try to soften the blow without realizing that you guys WILL NOT GET IT. So don't be too hard on us cause we're really thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gp emily. and dan, did you do it yet? you've got 5 days love.

    ReplyDelete