Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Pickin

DISCLAIMER: THIS BLOG EXISTS FOR ENTERTAINMENT. MOST OF THE POSTS ON THIS BLOG CONTAIN PHILOSOPHICAL MUSINGS MIXED WITH HUMOR. THIS POST CONTAINS NO HUMOR. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.


Pretty much any time I go to Smith's the person I am with points out the fact that I seem to know everyone in the store. While this is not true, I certainly know a lot of people. I like to make friends and keep friends. I also like to have acquaintances. Because of this predisposition I have a wide and varied network of people who I know and greet at many of the places I frequent, one of which happens to be Smith's. Given this cornucopia of persons, it stands to reason that I have a number of female friends. And now we get to the meat of my thoughts...

I have surrounded myself with the most wonderful women it is possible to know. And many of these girls are such brilliant beacons of humanity that I am confident in putting forward that they are some of the best people I will ever meet. Many of these girls have been, currently are, and will continue to be my examples of a Christlike and beautiful person. I have been blessed simply to know them.

As a final thought, let me thank those of you who have uplifted me and helped me to see myself more clearly. If I am any sort of a good person, I have no doubt you are partly responsible. There is almost no chance of you reading this, but thank you.

And for anyone else reading this, there is a lesson here as well. Because of these girls and women in my life, I am trying to be the kind of person that uplifts the people around me. Let us follow their example and be beacons of uplifting joy.

3 comments:

  1. Kind of a good person? You're amazing =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The irritating thing about having a "cornucopia" of female friends is that having a lot of friends doesn't mean that it's any easier to trick one of them into marrying you. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that it may actually have the opposite effect....

    ReplyDelete