Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sialorrhea

I'ma spit some words at you like a rapper with sialorrhea.

some_alt
Google search for Thingzorz. I don't get it either.

You may or may not know me very well. So you may or may not know that I occasionally have problems with procrastination and overwhelm. I procrastinate the things until they have piled into a big mountain of THINGZORZ!!ARGH! and I am afraid to even touch it so I end up paralyzed with overwhelm and I do nothing and fail out of college.

This has understandably caused me some problems over the last 28 years (yes, even babies can procrastinate). I have struggled for some time to find a way to get things done and be effective in spite of these hurdles. And I believe I have found something that might have worked.

When I think about all that I need to do, my to-do list becomes an all consuming doom-beast and I end up cowering in fear. So, instead I absolutely refuse to think about the future. I exist now and only now. Just now. And then I pick something to do. Just one thing. I only have to do one thing. And then when I'm done with that, I relax a little. It is actually pretty nice. I'm never stressed, and I get things done. The only possible issue is that I occasionally let the relaxation sessions stretch out pretty long. But, every plan has a weakness and this one is pretty decent.

You know, there really wasn't any reason to share this with the world. But I thought it out while washing dishes this morning and I felt like writing. So, I got all sialorrhea on you guys and this is what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment