Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vampires and Mountains

People buy blood. Its true. Okay, not totally true. They only buy part of the blood. The plasma part. But they still buy it.

I walked through Provo Old Town today. It is beautiful. The thing that made it beautiful was the landscaping. All the trees and shrubs and grass. Beautiful. As I walked, it occurred to me that if you were to remove all the industrialized, man-made crap from off the world, there would be nothing left but perfect nature. Those who know me best might say that I am being a bit wishy-washy. They might say, "But Dan, you love living in the city." And they would be correct. But I don't love the city for the pavement and the buildings. I love the city for the people. And if we were to do away with the cities, I would still be able to surround myself with a small group of people and thus, be happy. Why am I saying this? I don't really know. I suppose because I was struck by how pleasant and wonderful the world is. Perhaps I am frustrated with being forced to work inside the social structure of industrialization. Whatever it is, God has created quite a stunning piece of art in this world.


2 comments:

  1. I like those pictures. where'd you find them? So, does that mean you have a job? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this made me think of a Jack Handy quote which I think is very appropriate.

    Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle and I don't care who hears me because I am beautiful.

    Especially the gargling part.

    ReplyDelete