Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is it in you? Dunno....never looked...

Remember when you were a child and you saw your first mohawk? I was that guy this weekend. Some friends and I went to Moab, Utah for the weekend and I decided it would be fun to field test the mohawk for a while. After five days with a hawk, the conclusion was reached that I don't want to be one of those guys. Having a mohawk automatically lumps you in to a group of people. People who don't make great choices. People who are trying to break out of societies norms. I don't want to be that person. I already have enough trouble slipping into the norms as it is. So I am back to the basic buzz cut I have been sporting for the last ten years. Those are my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. If/when I have a son, he's totally going to have a mohawk (or a faux-hawk, whatever) when he's, like, 3. It will be awesome. I don't think people can (or should) group three-year-olds into social groups like that yet, so it's okay. It would be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mohawks are very tricky to pull off. I thought you looked pretty cool with yours, but I know what you mean and I'm probably glad you got rid of it.

    ReplyDelete