Saturday, August 1, 2009

Its a 12a...and the last three holds are cruel jokes



There is a 12a* top rope route at The Quarry climbing gym. I have climbed it three or four times. I can get all the way to the last four moves with relative ease. Sometimes I fall off here, sometimes I don't. BUT....the last three holds are cruel jokes. You see that wheel on your mouse? Look at it from the side. See how far it sticks out? That is what I am trying to grab onto. I am trying to find a way so stick my fingers on there so they will support my weight. It hurts. Both my pride and my fingers. Argh!!









*12a is a rating of difficulty. The ratings begin at 4, and go to 10, where they divide into 10a-d and so on. To put in in perspective, all of you would find a 7 or 8 to be absolutely the end of your ability to climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment