Monday, September 13, 2010

The Merritts of Metal and Acoustica

I love music. And because I love music, I love sharing good music with people. So, in this post I am going to share some music I like with you all. I hope you at least give it a listen, even if you don't like it.

First on our list is Chris Merritt. My friend Beau has been trying to get me to listen to this guy for ages, and this summer I finally gave him a listen. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought he would just be the same as every other pop artist. While I have to admit that he is strictly pop music, I also have to admit that he has a very individual feel to his music. He has managed to do the same thing as everyone else, but in a way that feels completely his. When listening to his music, I often feel like he is really having fun with his songs. They have a lighthearted feel that I really appreciate. Check out this free sample here.

Next let us talk about Built To Spill. I have loved this band since high school and this Friday they are coming to SLC. AND I GET TO GO!!! I am so freaking stoked. It almost makes up for the fact that I have missed Brandi Carlile every single time she has come to Utah. So enjoy this video of Built To Spill playing a pretty darn good song.


Lest things become too much the same, allow me to show you a different kind of song that I have been loving lately. Please forgive the video. It is quite a creative concept, but the girls are embarrassments to rock music.


My last musical selection is a band I discovered through my favorite webcomic Questionable Content. If you check out the comic, be sure to start at the beginning or it won't make any sense. As far as the music goes, these guys are creative and eclectic. This is their most catchy song. It gets stuck in my head for weeks at a time.


So, enjoy these, please, and support the artists the best you know how.

1 comment:

  1. I liked all three, but the Tropical Iceland was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete