Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bane's Grave

It seems like whenever I get my hopes up, something comes along to bring them promptly back down. I feel like this happens to most people. Its sort of one of the themes of life. And yet, we continue to get our hopes up. Why, just today, my hopes were brought low and made dusty. And in this moment right now, I am getting them back up again. Why? Because that's what we do. It is part of being human, I imagine. Its definitely part of being happy.

Next thought:

Yesterday I went riding around BYU campus with Matt. I also had the chance to talk with my friend Susanna. And I taught Linden to shoot a handgun. What did I learn from these pastimes? I learned that Matt is a good man, and a great friend. I learned that Susanna is one of those rare friends with whom you can talk both small and deep. I learned that I am in love with Linden's serene beauty. I learned that I am trying very hard to avoid buckling down to get things done. I learned the value of not looking for trouble. I learned that I love bbq chicken pizza. I learned that I can shoot accurately at 20 yards. I learned. I learned. So, all considered, it was a pretty successful day. For a successful tomorrow, I need only apply those lessons.

Why the rambling? Follow this link. Listen to the song. It accurately portrays my state at the time of writing.

http://www.amazon.com/Banes-Grave/dp/B0010TDFYI

No comments:

Post a Comment