Friday, June 19, 2009

I didn't want to go to Nova Scotia


I have just returned from an Aquabats concert. I can say, without reservation, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I love the Aquabats!!! Yes, the Bat Commander is getting older. Yes, Jaime the Robot is equally old. But they still put on some kind of wonderful show. They were awesome. I will say, however, that the crowd made me a bit thoughtful. You know how I get. All deep and philosophical and stuff. I mean, what goes on in a young girls life that she shaves her head and is a lesbian before she's even a junior in high school? Why is it that the punk rock crowd feels like they need to glue their hair into liberty spikes and giant mohawks? I just don't get it. Even more perplexing was the fellow with the tiny pants. I am not going to hyperbolate even a little. His pants were really so small that their full length did not reach from his waist to his ankles. Best they could do was ankle to lower cheek. But you gotta respect the pants. At least they tried. But anyway.....the concert. I had cake thrown at me (I wiped the frosting from my head off on the guy in front of me), I am now covered in sweat not entirely of my own make, and a small young attractive lesbian managed to ska dance her flailing arm in such a manner as to make her hand rather familiar with the captain and his boys. Bad luck, that...
We finished the evening with a "bachelor party" for Mr Jason Burr, which consisted entirely of telling the waitress he was getting married. But our eating out also gave me another opportunity to showcase my most unique (and possibly only) talent. Our waitress ended up spending a solid hour or more just sitting at the table talking to us. I love when that happens. It makes me feel like maybe, I'm not an asshole. Maybe I'm actually a nice guy. She said I was, so I must be, right? But really...Kara, you missed out. I tried to take a video, but my phone sent the video out into nothing and it no longer exists anywhere. But here are some pictures to make you all jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment